Friday, February 4, 2011

Week One Cont'd: Inspiration

I've been searching the internet for some creativity boosting ideas...here are a few of my favorites:
  •  Sketch each part of the body individually
  •  Open a drawer and sketch the contents
  •  Draw your sketching supplies
  • Arrange several glass items and sketch how the transparent items overlap
  • Draw a micro image by zooming in on an object
  • Go through the alphabet and draw something for every letter
  •  Draw an imaginary place rich in detail
  • Draw an object from 3 different views
  • Draw inside of a mechanical object
  • Using color (no black) and light (white) create a Impressionist style landscape drawing
  • Design a CD cover for a music group
  • Make a book cover for a novel
  • Draw instructions for a recipe

2 comments:

  1. When I saw your first idea I had to laugh! I love to do this - draw an ear or feet or hands...I have some posted on my Flickr sketchbook http://www.flickr.com/photos/36826389@N06/sets/72157620699039318/ if you're interested in seeing them. I can't wait to see how your blog evolves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I think that first one could be a little awkward at times...but I need to practice drawing figures. I checked out your sketchbook, and it's amazing! I loved looking at it, you have a such a good eye! Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete